Before you were conceived I wanted you,

Before you were born I loved you, Before you were here an hour I would die for

you.This is the miracle of life.






Monday, February 11, 2008

Update

Well, several new things have been going on the the lives of our precious Emily and Abigail. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get pictures of some of them, so this post will only be text.
At 10 and 1/2 months old, Emily has finally gotten her first teeth. (I was beginning to think that she would be gumming her food forever.) The two bottom ones came in one day apart, Feb. 3rd and 4th. She will not let us look at them and we have to fight her for us to be able to even feel them. She has also entered that dreaded stage of undressing herself. She is beginning to stand on her own, but is still a little hesitant.
Abigail is officially walking. Just last night she decided that she would much rather walk everywhere. She still takes a spill every once in a while, but is making tremendous progress. She loves to walk while carrying toys or books. She can point to animal or people's noses when asked. We are going to start working on eyes now. She can also identify a dog, duck, and Dora in pictures. Her third tooth has come in, but it is not the usual 3rd tooth. It is the one just left of her front two teeth. I think the front two are not far behind.

Update on the Update (2/11/08 7:37 pm) I said we were beginning to teach Abigail "eyes" tonight and she has already mastered that one as well as "hair". She seems to have a wonderful memory and pretty good grasp of language.
Emily also tried to take a step tonight, but her toe got caught up on the carpet. She is showing a strong desire to walk. Maybe it is because she sees Abigail walking and it is motivating her.

1 comments:

Aunt Melissa said...

Of course she is a natural linguist-look at who her FAVORITE aunt is?! Good girl!